Thursday, September 18, 2008

I've found the solution

A solution to my Christmas knitting problem presented itself today. One of the co-workers I've been teaching to knit asked for an easy dish cloth pattern. YEAH! I quickly wrote up a very simple pattern and then it came to me. I could knit these and settle my gift giving problem. I still have to knit them, but dish cloths are quicker that sweaters, aren't they?
Here's the pattern:
Kd’s Oh so easy dish cloth
Materials: Cotton dishcloth yarn
Needles: Different yarns recommend different size needles. Check the band around the yarn (or do what I do and use what ever size you have handy)
Row 1: cast on 4 (I used the long tail cast on method)
Row 2: knit across
Row 3: k1, yarn over needle (YO), knit across (this will give you 1 stitch increase)
Repeat row 3 until you have 45 stitches

Now for the decrease:
Next row: knit 2 together, YO, knit 2 together, knit across (this will decrease 1 stitch)
Repeat last row until you are down to 4 stitches.
Bind off.

No comments: