Monday, August 11, 2008

Christmas knitting?

I swore last December that I wouldn't get myself in a tizzy again with Christmas knitting. I swore I'd be finished my projects by September. Unless they make August about 120 days long, it doesn't look like I'll make it!

I have been knitting; a few scarfs and hats. Mostly I've been working on the circular needle socks. I'm down (or is it up) to the toes. Now I know I have to concentrate and really dedicate the time to get them right. So I think I'll take them to work. I know that doesn't sound like the right thing, but at lunch I'll get my favorite student, Marva, to read the pattern to me and just maybe I'll get it.

Christmas knitting will continue. I already know what I want to knit for the kids in TN, but it's hard to knit for the kids in FL. They don't wear many sweaters, hats or scarfs. I'm thinking maybe knitting teddy bears for the girls. If I can find a "Lego" knitting patter, that's what I do for Jack. Then again, maybe I'll just send money.

I'm getting lazy in my old age.

Oh well, keep on knitting.

No comments: