Saturday, February 2, 2008

Knitting is a creative outlet for most knitters. Some come by it naturally. Others have to practice, practice and practice. My Grandmother used to say “Practice Makes Perfect”. My co-workers have really been practicing. In our office there now 7 new knitters and one that we’ve made an unofficial co-worker because she works upstairs from us.
The first of our group (MC) I taught to knit over a year ago. She’s progressed from scarves and hats to sweaters and handbags. She’s progressed quickly especially considering I’m right handed and she’s left handed. Teaching her to knit should have been difficult, but she’s one of those natural knitters.
The second co-worker (SM) I taught has only been knitting just over 4 months. She’s made washcloths and completed a baby sweater for her new niece. Once she gets the yarn and needles she’ll be starting booties. The pattern she’s using is one I’ve used before so it shouldn’t be to hard to show her different techniques needed.
The others have been knitting only a couple weeks and two of them have already moved from washcloths to scarves. I’m really enjoying seeing the girls move along with their knitting and improving their skills’.
Speaking of girls, yesterday I asked our one and only male co-worker if he wanted to join our knitting group. He declined but did say he admired the scarves. I guess we’ll have to knit a scarf for him. How does dark blue and grey sound or maybe SPURS colors, silver and black?

No comments: