Saturday, January 5, 2008

Now for a little knitting...

As many of my family and friends know, I seldom knit for myself. In Oct I started a “lacy” sweater out of cotton for myself. I found the pattern on the Internet and it looked good and an easy lace project. I hated it when I finished it. It’s now sitting in a plastic bin in my knitting room. No, you will not see a photo of it.

I had 500 grams of the cotton left over. So in order to try to accomplish one of my New Years resolutions, I’ve started another sweater. This time I picked a pattern from one of my many books, Saturday Sweaters, East to knit, Easy to wear by Doreen L. Marquart (photo at left).

So far it’s going well and I actually like the pattern. Maybe this is one sweater I’ll keep and wear, then again maybe not.

As for other knitting...A co-worker found out that she’s going to be a grandmother for the first time, but she’s getting 2 at once. Her daughter is having twins, a boy and a girl. I knitted booties for her as a surprise. Since I didn’t have any pink yarn in my favorite baby yarn, I knitted one pair in light lavender and white and the other in blue and white. I used an Internet pattern done on double pointed needles. Double pointed needles are not easy for me. If I ever decide to knit that pattern, I’ll make changes so I can knit it on straight needles, or maybe I’ll just find another pattern.
By the way, I still love driving the Miata. It makes me smile and my friend Cathy S even likes to ride in it. Can’t wait till I can get her to go for a ride with the top down. After all what’s a convertible for if not to have the wind blow through your hair and the sun on your face. I guess that will have to wait for a few more weeks as it is still winter, even in San Antonio.

No comments: