Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Today's session

In recent weeks I’ve noticed that I seem to be the only one who comes to work on time, doesn’t abuse the lunch hour (1 ½ to 2 hours) and puts in 8 hours for 8 hours pay. Maybe it’s because we are overseas, maybe it’s that I don’t see that they come in on weekends. I just see that people, who are scheduled to start the same time as I’m scheduled, come in 30 to 90 minutes later. These same ones leave either before I do, or are going out the door when I leave. Speaking about lunch, because of the “lack” of staff, I often eat my lunch at my desk, because we have customers that walk in without appointments and expect answers to their questions. Note: my job is not in customer service, I’m management advisory.

Now for knitting. As you know I’m a constant knitter. I always have something on needles and I love to give my knitting as gifts. In the past, I’ve shared my knitting with friends and family. I love the look on the faces as they open their gift. Knitting takes time and isn’t cheap as I love to use nice yarns. Co-workers here have admired my knitting (as I usually have my knitting bag with me at work). Some co-workers have asked me to knit something for them; I tell them I knit for fun and do not take order to make items. In the past few weeks we’ve had some birthdays, co-workers who are leaving and grand babies being born, and that gave me an excuse to give knitting. I don’t expect you to “gush” over the gift, but I do expect to see some sort of appreciation. Maybe it’s just me, maybe it’s because in my last job, people really seemed to like the fact that I took the time to do something just for them. That doesn’t seem to be the case here. I think, I’ll just knit for family and “very” close friends (do you hear that Lucy?).

No comments: