Friday, March 20, 2009

Update from Germany

Well we are still homeless in Germany. We are having trouble finding a house. The yellow house on the hill that we expected to get was turned over by the current occupant to someone else (most likely someone they knew). So we were back to looking. We looked at a place today, but it seems the Germany landlords don’t always tell the complete truth. The house was suppose to be a single house with gas heat and had been updated. In reality it was a 1918 house that had been divided into apartments. It wasn’t a single house as the side apartment was rented. The other apartments were combined into one apartment on the other side. It had huge rooms, but almost no kitchen. No frig, no stove, and fewer cabinets than we had in our bathrooms in Texas. So back to square one. We start over again. At this rate, we’ll run out of money before we find a place.
The house in Texas is showing, but still no buyers. Tom’s beginning to waiver and want to keep the house so we can move back. Not something I really want to do.
On the knitting front: I have been knitting. Remember the yarn I purchased back in Feb? Here’s what I’ve been knitting. I still have a little yarn left, but I need to find a yarn shop soon.


My daughters have Yahoo IM and made me sign up. Glad I did, we’ve been able to not only call each other over the internet, but we have video. Admittedly the video is a little jumpy but it’s free.OH, yeah, forgot to tell you the best news. I was offered and accepted a job with AF Personnel Ramstein. I start 29 March so that’s one less worry. They matched the pay I received in Texas, so that’s great.

No comments: