Friday, October 31, 2008

Knitting continues


Wednesday knitting group met again this week. As usual we have some members that show up every week, and other's that can't make it each time we meet. They are all such a different lot.

In the past when teaching knitting, I've set out a schedule to ensure that the new knitters learn different techniques with each project. This group seems to want to walk before they can crawl. That's not a bad thing, but I sometimes feel I'm loosing control. They want to work on big and/or difficult projects before they learn the basics. I'm trying to keep up with the every changing needs of the group.

Marva is still the prize student. She's been knitting for almost 2 years and what a Gem she's become. I think she's already knows all I can teach her. Of course she's been with me the longest.

Deb is quickly becoming a designer. The baby blankets she's knitted are beautiful, and they are her own pattern.

The new girls have really kept me on my toes. I think I'm learning as much from them as they are learning from me. Every week is different and they make me smile with their enthusiasm.

Once again I'm photoless. My fault, I forgot the camera. Sorry. kd

No comments: