Sunday, April 6, 2008

As you know, I’ve cleaned up my “Knitting/Craft” room. I’ve been working at keeping it clean. During the clean up I put all the finished objects together in a plastic bin. Today I finished a vest for granddaughter, Aurora, so I went to put it in the bin. The bin is overflowing with recent finished items. Gee, does that mean I’ve been knitting.

Pulling out the items to organize them, I noticed that I have finished quite a few Surprise Baby Jackets (Elizabeth Zimmerman’s pattern). I’ve made them in worsted weight, double knitting, and sock yarn. These photos show only a few of the sweaters. I really like that pattern. Other than trying to remember to count when needed, this is a really easy knit.

I took my most recent SBJ to work and asked the knitting group to try to figure what it was. Some of them got it fast. Some got it after they saw the button holds, but they all were amazed at the design.

This pattern is a great way to use up left over yarn and such a rush when you see what it looks like when you finish. There are so many different looks to this sweater; it all depends on the yarn, needles and colors used, not to mention how you place the stripes.

I can see more SBJ in my future.
PS: The photos were taken on the walkway around the pool. As sunny as it is today, the water is still to cold to swim.



No comments: