Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Did we win big? No, but then we weren’t losers either. Here’s what we did. We spent 2 days playing “slots”, eating and a little drinking. The cost? Only $40! That includes tips and junk food on the trip. Tom and I had a great time. No photos, but lots of memories.

Our 34th wedding anniversary was on Sunday. I gave Tom his favorite champagne. He won’t spend the money to buy it, so I got it for him. What did I get?

Let me tell you a story first. Over 20 years ago, my mother gave me my grandmothers wedding set; white gold and diamonds in an antique setting. The wedding band was a simple thin white gold band. I loved the set and wore it daily. Not necessary my smartest move. In 1999 the set went missing. I seldom took them off, but I had been having some problems with my fingers swelling. Not sure if I lost it while wearing them, or if I left them on my desk at work. In any case, they were nowhere to be found. Crying wouldn’t bring them back, but I cried anyway.

Here’s where Tom showed just how much he cared. He couldn’t find a copy of the diamond ring, but he found a white gold band that is so very similar to my grandmother’s that it made me want to cry again. Yep, he got me a wedding band. I love it.
Remind me to someday, tell you about my grandmother “granny grits”.

No comments: