Friday, October 26, 2007

There be sock knitting here!


Recently I’ve been knitting socks. I’m still a beginner sock knitter, but it’s getting easier. Knitting with 5 needles is a challenge for me. For years I’ve put off socks, mittens and gloves because of double pointed needle fear. Yeah, I know I’m a lazy knitter. I love to knit baby things because I like instant gratification. Baby things can be knitted quickly; sometimes I can knit a sweater and hat in a day. Since I’ve been teaching the “girls” at work, I figured I needed to stay ahead of them. Hence the more challenging knitting. I’ve knitted a pair of gloves (small size of course). I’m on my 3rd pair of socks. Also I’ve knitted some lace.

Family stuff:
Saturday will be "MM's"(my oldest granddaughter) birthday. It’s hard to believe that she’ll be 16. Because she lives in Tennessee and we’re in Texas, we don’t see her as often as we’d like. Luckily, her mother (my oldest daughter “KA”) takes lots of photos. We’ve watched “MM” and her brother “DW” grow up. What would I do without the Internet?
Happy Birthday, “MM”, hope you like your present. We love you, Oma & Opa.

No comments: